Saturday, October 08, 2005

Hello... get married !!

Just received a call from Mom. She's in Indore these days, visiting cousins. Nowadays, we are 2 brothers (AB and me) who are of 'marriagable' age in the family.
So, both my Mom and my cousin sister are after him to get married. But while bantering in that city, they remember me and pronto give me a buzz. It's 0100 hrs in the night, but they are not bothered, rather want to 'pull my leg' in the spur of the moment.
First on-line comes AB himself. Says, Mom has brought snaps of 4 girls with her. I say yea, as if that was possible in the wildest dreams... She roaming the country with snaps of her son's would-be's. Anyways, I avert the discussion.
Next on-line comes my sister BB. She married some 14 years ago at the tender age of 19. Yes, it was a love-marriage into a punjabi family. She's a mother of 2 angelic daughters now. She asks me about my preferences. Somehow I dodge her volley of rapid-fire questions. In the end, she asks me to give her 'timely updates' on this frontier of my life. [No comments]
Last, is Mom herself. I tell her that she already has a scape-goat in front of her (in the form of AB), so she should spare me. She agrees. So fast, so sweet of her.
But the fact remains... life's running at a fast pace. And, I need to keep abreast of it at all times.

1 comment:

Himz@work said...

Bhai bhabhi mil gayi !!! to sahab shaadi kab kar rahe ho? november main engagement aur april main shadi .. how is the schedule??